Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Getting rid of the American dream

I don't want to live the American dream I want more I want to live Gods dream for my life! The American dream is go to a good college, get a job that makes good money, get married, have kids, have a couple cars, and a nice house. I want more. I want Gods plan for my life rather that be moving to Uganda or some other foreign country or even staying here it just means I don't want a normal life. If I have a normal life I will have failed. The reason I will have failed it will mean I have not done every thing I can do for God. As a Christian you can't have a normal life because every thing in your life should be about living for God and bringing people to Christ. As Christians we have so many opportunies to make a difference. It is easy to fall into a normal lifestyle and want to be comfortable but it's not right. It's so easy to want a normal life but Christians need to break out of that mold. We need to be MORE than the American dream. We should be honored God has chosen us for his dream for us! Katie Davis say "  I am blown away that my God who could do this all by himself, would choose to let me be a little part of it." We should be honored not to live the American dream because Katie Davis is 100% right God could do this ALL by himself. He doesn't need us...... But he allows us to live his dream for us. In the end the choice is ours though Gods dream or our dream. In the end when I look back on life I want go say I lived Gods dream. Gods dream and our dream can't even compare because Gods dream is so much better because he knows what's best for us and has our well being in mind. I DON'T want the American dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment